-1 tbsp honey
-1 + 1/4 tsp stevia
-1 1/4 cups warm water
-2 1/4 tsp active fry yeast
-1 1/2 tsp salt
-2/3 cup olive oil
- 5 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tbs olive oil
-1 egg white
-1/4 tsp stevia
1. Dissolve first 2 ingredients in warm water in a large mixing bowl. Stir in yeast and set aside for 15mins, until yeast forms a creamy layer on top. Stir in salt, 2/3 cup oil, and beaten eggs.
2. Add flour 1 cup at a time, until dough is slightly tacky, but not sticky wet.
3. Turn it out onto a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 10mins.
4. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, and turn the dough over a few times to oil the surface, then let rise until doubled in size in a warm, draft-free place. Approximately 90mins.
5. Cut dough into 2. Then cut each half into 4. Youtube search how to make challah using 4 strands! (That's what i did LOL)
6. After plaiting, let braided loaves rise for 1h.
7. Preheat oven to 175 C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
8. Make glaze by mixing egg white with 1/4 tsp stevia. Brush braided loaves with glaze to make shiny crust. Bake for 30mins. Then bake another 10mins while keeping an eye on it as the loaves brown faster than you think. When its brown enough to your liking, take it out, and viola! It's done!
Okay, so after that I decided to use the wrinkled bread to make french toast! Thrown into the fridge overnight then baked for 45mins and topped with cinnamon and icing sugar(not shown)! :D Breakfast done for the next few days! :D